Have you already started planning your marketing strategy and budget for 2018? Be prepared to face questions regarding the app marketing tools and resources you will be using.
App marketing is a serious job. Considering the growing number of newly launched apps every day, the competition is going to be harsh. And it’s obvious that you do not want to lose the game. So, in order to win, you need to set goals, to measure as much as you can, and to work and work and work towards creating the best user experience ever possible.
We have selected the best app marketing tools to help you get more new users, engage more existing ones, convert free users into paying users and grow revenue. Here you go!
You have heard about SEO (Search Engine Optimization), right? So, there is also the so-called App Store Optimization (ASO). It’s basically the practice of making your mobile app visible and easily findable in the app store. App Radar is a tool that helps manage and optimize your app and mobile game to get more downloads.
- View the checklist to improve your apps
- View issues and get proper tips to fix them
- Get an instant optimization score feedback
- Manage multiple localizations
- Compare your previous app listing versions
- Easily use metadata translations
- Get daily updated keyword rankings and traffic estimations
- Compare your competitors’ rankings
Pricing: Starting at $300 per month.
App Annie provides tons of useful app market data. These are accelerated insights that you can rely on with no doubt in your mind.
- Analyze app market trends and see which markets/countries are experiencing the largest growth
- Track competitive market share across usage, downloads, revenue and other metrics
- Analyze performance trends in your category and see who can pose competitive thread to your app business
- Get alerts about changes to the app market delivered to your inbox
Pricing: Free and Premium plans
Brand24 is an awesome marketing tool that provides you with information as what people are saying about your brand, product, competitor, and industry. With this tool, you can get instant access to online mentions on any topic of your interest and the analytical insights around it.
- Get insights regarding your app category and your target audience needs during the market research stage
- Adjust your product based on finding out what users are saying about your competitors – both positive and negative feedback
- Identify online discussions relevant to your app category and join them to establish your name in the community
- Manage your online reputation thanks to instant notifications sent every time someone talks about your brand and product online, even when not tagging your name
- Access a list of influencers and websites crucial to your niche and reach out to build relationships with them or offer cooperation
- Easily export all the data in automated and customizable pdf, infographics, and .xls files
Pricing: Free 14-day trial. Paid plans starting at $49 per month.
App marketers are like little wizards. They love to experiment and to try magic. Optimizely is a great tool to use for the purpose of innovating since it allows to experiment with anything – from design patterns to even algorithms.
- Engage and retain app users through experimenting with onboarding
- Easily test new features and instantly remove the ones that don’t work
- Use the stats engine to see the impact of your experiments in real-time
- Make updates to your experiments in real-time without waiting for your next App Store release
Pricing: Free 30-day trial. Contact the sales for more.
Inapptics is the ultimate user behavior analytics tool for your mobile app. It helps you explore what your users do within your app. Inapptics collects data on where your users tap, touch or swipe, which screens they visit and which buttons they press. With this data at their disposal, marketers and product teams can easily plan how to improve the user experience and boost engagement in their apps.
In addition, the Inapptics team is currently working on providing the customers with deep AI-powered insights. You can subscribe for an early access on the Product Hunt Upcoming page.
- See how people navigate in your app: which screens they visit, what sessions they perform the most
- Create visual funnels, set funnel goals and measure the completion rates as well as see what happened to the users who didn’t reach the funnel goal
- Use heatmaps to discover where users tap and swipe the most
- Get crash reports via Slack as well as view crash replays (all of them!)
- See the full users’ list and being able to browse through all their individual sessions
Pricing: Free for apps with up to 1000 monthly active users. Paid plans start at $99 per month. Custom pricing is available for bigger apps.
Branch is an app marketing tool that makes links work perfectly whether they are on your website or native app. Deep linking is one of the best features that Branch Metrics offers. A deep link is the one that links to a specific page or product. A non-deep link links to the homepage only.
- Create powerful marketing links that work everywhere
- Get deep links that support all standards
- Install, re-open attribution at either link or campaign level to understand your mobile growth
Pricing: Free for apps with up to 10K monthly active users. Custom pricing available for bigger apps.
Clickky is one of the best app monetization tools. Advertisers and publishers can benefit it alike. Companies like Zynga, Yandex, Opera, and Disney are partnering with Clickky.
- Guaranteed volumes of installs you ask for
- A dedicated account manager launches and optimizes your campaign
- Acquire large traffic volumes in a short timeframe
Segment is a platform that helps send your customer data to the tools where it can be used most effectively. You can collect data from everywhere (mobile, web, server, cloud apps) and load it into Segment. Then, through Segment, you can send your data to hundreds of tools for marketing, analytics and so on.
- Integrate once with Segment and do not worry about APIs for a lifetime
- Be sure to never lose any data
- Test your integration with a live debugger
- See exactly how your data is collected, translated, and delivered
Pricing: Free for up to 1000 monthly tracked users. Custom pricing available.
Tapstream is another great app marketing tool that will help discover and measure your best-performing app install campaigns, perform A/B testing, personalize the new user experience and boost revenues.
- Track events and mobile attribution
- Perform deep linking
- Kickstart an app referral program
- Create custom landing pages for your app install campaigns
Pricing: Starting at $199 per month.
Urban Airship offers marketing solutions that power your digital growth. It helps to send real-time customized notifications to your users, to build loyalty cards and does much more awesome stuff.
- Boost app user engagement with in-app messages and push notifications
- Create targeted web push notifications
- Build mobile wallet passes – coupons, loyalty cards etc.
Pricing: Free up to 1000 addressable users, paid plans start at $99/month. Custom packages are also available.
Unbounce helps to build landing pages. As you might already know, landing pages help get more conversions. If built right, you can attract more users and double your revenues with the help of landing pages.
- Build landing pages for any campaign
- Convert traffic into leads
- Integrate with your marketing automation and email tool
- Optimize with the help of A/B testing possibilities
Pricing: Starting at $79 per month.
AppFollow helps to monitor dozens of apps at once through sending you app reviews, keywords, ranks, and reports through email or Slack.
- Use whatever channel you want for integrations: Slack, Hipchat, Telegram, Zendesk, intercom etc.
- See your data from multiple places in one place
- Get data collected from a number of sources like iTunes Connect, Google Play Console, Search Ads etc.
Pricing: There is a free plan for indie developers. The paid plans start at $9 per month.
AppFigures offers all the figures you need to see in order to better track your app performance. Companies like Microsoft, Airbnb, Slack, Nike, Trello, and Snapchat are using this app marketing tool.
- Analyze trends across all your apps
- See how users use your app and how those patterns affect sales
- See how your app competes in the market in real-time
Pricing: Track up to 5 apps for free (limited). Paid plans start at $4.99 + $1.99 per app (first 2 are free).
Kochava is a unified audience platform. It is one of the leaders for mobile attribution and analytics. Brands like Dunkin Donuts, Marriott, Airbnb, BBC, Nike, and Pandora trust Kochava.
- Explore where you can reach more mobile audiences
- Use the Kochava Fraud Console and Blacklist to safeguard your app from fraud
Pricing: A free plan is available. The paid plans start at $100 per month.
Leanplum is another awesome app marketing tool that helps boost mobile engagement. Brands like Tinder, Zynga, and NBC trust it.
- Send push notifications
- Create and analyze campaigns
- Edit your app (fonts, colors, texts etc.)
- Perform A/B testing
Pricing: A free 30-day trial is available. Talk to the sales team to get info for enterprise plans.
Now that you know about these awesome app marketing tools, you can start rocking your app marketing in 2018.
Let us know if we have missed something important. Are there any tools you would include on this list? If yes, comment below.
Launching a mobile app? Download our complete mobile app launch checklist and make your app a success!